News Ticker

Drink, Drink, Drink baby, then, drink some more.

Not drinking enough water can cause some major health issues, but so can drinking too much water. Recommendations on how much or how little water we should drink vary like Melbourne weather, but as a rule, the average person needs to drink around 2 litres each day. This amount shouldn’t be drunk in one go (which is super difficult anyway) with some specialists recommending filling a 2 litre jug of water in the morning and sipping it throughout the day until the jug is empty. Some say to drink a glass with each meal, one when you first wake up in the morning, one when you go to bed at night and one extra for good measure.

However you decide to drink it, unless you have specific medical conditions requiring otherwise, just make sure you get that beautiful refreshing and replenishing liquid into your body.

You would have to have been living under a rock to not know of the pollution single use plastic drink bottles have created and there has been a huge push for everyone to use refillable bottles. This push has been taken up with vast enthusiasm with sales of these refillable bottles going through the roof.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any store that doesn’t sell some kind of refillable bottle – even clothing brands are selling them and the variety and styles available go from simple plastic to super sparkled, spangled, double or triple walled, rubber grip, pop top, pop pour, guzzle mouth, everything you could possible think of.

I find it pretty heart-warming to know that mankind (or womankind *rolling my eyes*) can get onboard and take up a cause that will reduce our world’s pollution.


of course there is a but…

…consider your health.

The bacteria that forms in these reusable bottles is frightening and in some cases life threatening. Refilling your bottle with fresh new water every few hours or every day is great, but like any other bottle, glass, cup, plate, spoon, THEY NEED TO BE WASHED!

All the nooks and crannies, twists and turns in screw tops, in/under/around the pop tops and everywhere else that gets wet is a super comfy home for bacteria.

Just think about that for a minute…

You are refilling your drink bottle day after day, keeping it wet, mould is growing and you are drinking water that is passing over or through that mould.

Have a good look at the drink bottle you have been refilling for the last few days (or weeks or months…) Have a close look at any part that opens or closes, that twists on or off, unless you have washed your entire bottle and let it dry fully in the last 24 hours, you are/have been drinking bacteria.

The solution is simple – WASH your drink bottle daily. Let it dry completely – air drying is best, and have two or three drink bottles on rotation.

Can’t get much easier than that!