Wellness range makes life easy
Coles is making it easier for customers to choose healthier options with the new Wellness Road range of health foods, as more than 40 per cent of Australians say they want to eat more healthily.
Wellness Road is a new range of 28 products including Organic Black Rice Noodles with Chia, Organic Cacao Powder, White Chia Seeds and Australian Almond Flour.
Coles Chief Operating Officer Greg Davis said the Wellness Road range was aimed at making healthier options more accessible and affordable for customers who wanted to include better choices in their everyday diet.
“From teenagers, through to those in their 60s and 70s, our customers are telling us that they want to eat less processed foods and cut back on sugar and salt,” he said.
“But customers also don’t want to change their entire diet or pay a huge premium for healthier foods, and they don’t have time to make a special shopping trip for a couple of ingredients.”
All Wellness Road products are a healthier choice than equivalent ‘conventional’ products, free from artificial colours and flavours, made with reduced levels of sugar and salt and free from trans fats.
“What we’ve looked to do with Wellness Road is simply provide our customers with uncomplicated goodness – delicious tasting and nutritionally-balanced products – and importantly, at great value,” said Mr Davis.
An example of this is the Wellness Road Organic Cacao Powder which is available for $10 for 500g – around one-third the price you might find at specialist stores.
Former MasterChef Australia contestant and resident chef for the Sydney Swans, Courtney Roulston, said the range made nutritious, healthier cooking easier while providing more options for easy and delicious meals.
“Great cooking relies on great ingredients, and when you have a range of healthier products that are more readily available and affordable, there’s no excuse that your next meal shouldn’t be delicious and healthier.” she said.
All Wellness Road products must meet all of the following standards:
- · Made with reduced levels of sodium, sugar and saturated fat where applicable
- · Free from artificial colours, flavours and sweeteners
- · Free from trans fatty acids from partially hydrogenated oils
The Wellness Road range is available at selected Coles supermarkets and online throughout Australia, and includes:
– Wellness Road Organic Black Rice Noodles with Chia (225g) $2.75
– Wellness Road Australian Almond Flour (300g) $10.00
– Wellness Road Australian White Chia Seeds (300g) $8.00
– Wellness Road Organic Australian Black Chia Seeds (300g) $8.00
– Wellness Road Organic Cacao Powder (500g) $10.00
– Wellness Road Premium Sunflower Kernels (500g) $4.90
– Wellness Road Tiger Nut Flour (275g) $10.00
– Wellness Road Organic White Quinoa Grain (1kg) $10.00
– Wellness Road Pumpkin Kernels Premium (300g) $4.50
– Wellness Road Organic Tri Quinoa, Gluten-Free (500g) $7.00
– Wellness Road Black Chia Seeds (300g) $8.00
– Wellness Road Brown Flaxseed Meal (500g) $4.00
– Wellness Road Premium Sesame Seeds (250g) $3.80
– Wellness Road Australian Golden Flaxseed (500g) $4.50
– Wellness Road Organic Buckwheat Flour (500g) $5.00
– Wellness Road Australian White Grain Quinoa (300g) $8.00
– Wellness Road Polenta (500g) $3.00
– Wellness Road Premium Stabilised Wheatgerm (375g) $3.00
– Wellness Road Spelt Organic Wholemeal Flour (750g) $750
– Wellness Road Australian White Quinoa Grain (300g) $5.50
– Wellness Road Nutritional Yeast Flakes (200g) $8.00
– Wellness Road Organic Brown Rice Noodles with Chia (225g) $3.75
– Wellness Road Organic White Quinoa (500g) $7.00
– Wellness Road Textured Vegetable Protein (400g) $6.00
– Wellness Road Organic Australian Flax Oil (200ml) $10.00
– Wellness Road Organic Buckwheat Kernel (500g) $3.50
– Wellness Road Organic Golden Flaxmeal (500g) $5.70
– Wellness Road Organic Red Rice Noodles with Chia (225g) $3.75
I can’t wait to try these products without having to pay exorbitant prices or run around to specialty stores. Well done Coles!